UV Blue Ray Chironomid
This fly was developed for deep water chironomid fishing, as well as fishing on sunny days. The UV reflection given off of this fly is deadly, and even deadlier on interior lakes.
Hook: TMC 200R #16
Thread: UTC 70, Dark Grey
Body: Same as thread, over wrapped with Flashabou Tinsel (UV Pearl)
Rib: Flashabou Tinsel (Holographic Blue / UTC Wire Small (Blue)
Glue: Zap-A-Gap Medium CA (Brush on)
Fly Size Range: #12-#16
1) Place the bead on the hook and lay a base of thread on the hook, while tapering the thread to form your body of the chironomid from thinner at the hook shank to thicker towards the head.
2) Take 2 strands of UV pearl flashabou , 1 strand of holographic blue flashabou, and 1 piece of blue wire, and tie them in at the
3) Begin to wrap your UV pearl flashabou tightly around the body and tie it off at the head.
4) Then wrap your blue flashabou and wire at the same time as a rib up the body, then tie it off at the head.
5) Whip finish or knot the thread.
6) Using Zap-A-Gap Brush on glue, lightly coat the fly top to bottom to create a realistic body shine on the fly.
7) Go catch a fish!
The materials used to tie this fly is available at Sea-Run Fly and Tackle. If you live out of town you can order these materials by mail order. Or if you would like to purchase some pre-tied flies just give us a call at 604-931-5044 or email us at email@example.com.