Cody’s Tiger Tamer – The Ultimate Chum Salmon Jig
This was a pattern developed one night on the tying bench when I decided to spice the jig up a bit with more flash and brighter colours. Knowing that pink and purple mixed well and was deadly for taming Chum Salmon to bite, I decided to give this jig a try in the morning. Needless to say, it was the only one that remained on my line the entire day, as I continued to severely out fish my friends. This is always my go-to pattern and has never failed me. This jig also works well for Coho.
Cody’s Tiger Tamer Recipe
- 1/0 (1/4oz) Painted Lead Jig Head
- 2 Strands of Pink/Purple Sili Legs
- 5-7 Strands of Fuschia Flashabou
- 5-7 Strands of Purple Flashabou
- UV Fluorescent Fuschia Polar Chenille
- Fuschia Cross-Cut Rabbit Strip
- Fluorescent Fuschia Schlappen Feather
- Purple Schlappen Feather
- Zap-A-Gap Glue (For extra durability)
The materials used to tie this jig are available at Sea-Run Fly and Tackle. If you live out of town you can order these materials by mail order, just give us a call at 604-931-5044 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.