Andrew’s Balanced Pumpkinhead Leech
Being on a 90 degree balanced hook, this fly fishes best under a strike indicator with a non-slip loop knot. This pattern is a great go-to on your favourite local or interior lake for rainbow trout, cutthroat trout, and brook trout.
- Mustad BLN #8 90◦ Balanced Hook
- Small Flat-Head Pins (Equivalent to correct size of hook)
- UTC 70 Brown Olive Thread
- Woolly Bugger Marabou – Burnt Orange
- Orange Gold/Silver Lined Beads
- Krystal Flash – Rusty Brown
- 1/8 Gold Cyclops Eyes
- Krystal Flash Chenille Medium Peacock
1) Lay a base of thread down the hook. Take your pin, and place a gold bead followed by an orange bead and tie it down on the hook.
2) Tie in a tail with burnt orange marabou. (add flash if desired)
3) Then take your krystal flash chenille, tie it down, and wrap it up the body.
4) Tie off your thread and head cement the head.
5) Catch some fish.
The materials used to tie this fly is available at Sea-Run Fly and Tackle. If you live out of town you can order these materials by mail order. Or if you would like to purchase some pre-tied flies just give us a call at 604-931-5044 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.